Lebanon, Tennessee

Once our mortgage was transferred to cenlar a few months back my husband and I fell behind two months. As that third month rolled around we made a payment for the month we first fell behind (December).

The man my husband spoke with informed him the payment would be take out of our account the next day so my husband had him cancel that payment as we wouldn't have the funds until that following Friday. My husband told him to set it up for that Friday instead. The next day we are informed by our credit union that cenlar attempted to withdraw the money even after it was supposed to be canceled. Long story short we have had four letters sent to us from our credit union stating that Cenlar has attempted to withdraw money, we gave them no verbal or written authorization.

Finally I was able to speak with someone at Cenlar and make a payment which reflects in my credit union statement, however Cenlar is telling me they have received no such payment and now they are saying we owe 4 months even though it clearly shows in my account the payment was made and no payment was reimbursed to us in that amount.

We should be only 2 months behind which I have every intention of catching up on with tax refund but I will not pay them a penny more than what I know for a fact I owe them. Im already going through a hard enough time and for them to tell me I owe 4 months instead of 2 is just down right ridiculous.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cenlar Mortgage.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

#1120847

I just made the same complaint about not taking money out of my acct.

Cenlar Reviews