Parker, Colorado

Cenlar now charges 12.00 to make a payment online. I was using online services and paperless billing. I received no notification that there would be a 12.00 fee to make payment online.

I wrote out a check to mail and wrote them a note saying, "because of your stinking online fee I am forced to make payments via the mail."

But guess what?? They claim that they did not get the payment and a late charge is charged me of 61.00.

Ironic that the first time that I send a check they do not receive it? It almost makes me think that someone intentionally put the payment aside to teach me a lesson for my "nasty little comment" about their "stinking" online fee.

The problem now is, it is going to cost me this late charge plus it will cost me money to cancel that check to write another one, or if I wait to see if it shows up they will assess another late charge. If I write another check and the first one shows up without my cancelling it then I will have bouncing checks and bouncing check fees. I am left with not options.

I have NEVER made a late mortgage payment in the 30 years that I have been a homeowner. I try to call the customer service.....what a joke!! The woman can't understand me and I can't understand her. Nothing was accomplished after which she smuggly says, "We did not receive payment for the month of November and you will owe the late fee....is there anything else i can help you with?""

Is there some way to complain in such a way that something is actually done about issues like this??

Product or Service Mentioned: Cenlar Mortgage.

Comments

My bank pays mine electronic. If I pay alittle more when I send in the payment they post it towards principle.

It works great for me every month.

I did send payment by mail and had some problems. This has fixed it.

It works great for me every month.

I did send payment by mail and had some problems. This has fixed it.

I pay all my bills online. Now, I am charged a $12.00 to pay Cenlar online!

What I would suggest you do in the future is to send your mortgage payment via certified mail. I wouldn't trust these crooks for anything.

After everything is said and done, I still pay online and absorb the fees so I have my own personal record of payment. I don't dare risk our credit rating due to the incompetent Cenlar CS people.

Chris, I make a full payment online on the 25th of the month. Then pay additional principle payment the next day. Keep tracked of your account online at loanadministration.com.

The easiest way to rob a bank, is to OWN a bank.

I'm a little cheesed off about this one. I think what I will do is add Cenlar as a payee to my online checking account.

Then I will just pay like that. Since it will be electronic it can be tracked, and no online fee, right? Only downside I see is no option to pay additional principle.

But I think I can overcome that by saving up over the course of a year and make one double payment with half applied to principle. Anyone tried this one?

What's to stop these institutions from conveniently "losing" your check so they can charge the late fee? What are our options?

Pay the online fee of 12.00, write a check and risk "lost check" nightmares? Or give them the right to take automatic withdrawals from our checking risking more *** that I am reading about from online complaints?

Sounds like another way for a big corporation to try and steal money from the little guy.

Cenlar Reviews