Berkeley, California

In October of 2014, my loan was transferred from Owen (GMAC) to this group of bandits at Cenlar. On my December 1 statement, there was a charge for "Late Payment" of $424.92.

I immediately called, and after 28 minutes on hold, I spoke with Rehanna at extension 3367, and explained that I had not been late with any payments, that they had just taken over the loan, and demanded the late charge be rescinded. She said she couldn't do that because she didn't have the authority, so I asked to speak with someone who could. She transferred me to "Christie" at extension 3720 who identified herself as a "Supervisor." I explained the whole thing again, and Christie stated she would have to get the payment history from the previous provider, and would get back to me within 10 days. She never did.

Skip to this month (June 2015) and I am about to refi.

The late charge still remains on my account even though my credit bureau report shows I have never been late, and I can prove every payment. So, I called again, and first spoke with Barry, who couldn't do anything so he transferred me to his supervisor "Jackie." She stated she would have to order the payment history, and I explained that it was unreasonable for her to expect me to wait another six months since I had been promised action within 10 days.

She says she will have to get to "Christie", who was conveniently in a meeting, and would bet back to me by close of business today. Yeah, Right.

Cenlar Cons: Fraudulent charges.

• CENLAR MORTGAGE REFI

Comments

Reigan

There have been lawsuits against them for what they do. Look them up.

I am going after them.

Why did you pay the fees? I never will

Cenlar Reviews