I took a mortgage loan with Union Bank who sold it to CENALR two month after. Since that CENLAR have been a problem company.

On December they send me a letter stating they are going to escrow my mortgage for Flood Insurance. My original mortgage I was approved to do my own escrow account for Taxes & Insurance to avoid so many problem other borrower have right now with CENLAR. They never responded to my letter requests. Call customer service and all the time they gave me different answer.

Now they said is mandatory by FEMA. I call FEMA and they said they do not request any mandatory escrow. CENLAR is a very unprofessional company as well their customer service department lies. If you received any letter, they all are without signature, just a number.

Refinance the mortgage will cost to much and probably you will end back to them (if the bank sold the mortgage again). The is a law that provide as an OPTION to have escrow. This company do not care, they just want your money.

RECOMENDATION to all barrowers, COMPALIN to the BBB, your congressman and any other place you can. This type of company and service NEED TO END.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cenlar Mortgage.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Allow the barrower to have ther own escrow account.

Cenlar Cons: Very unprofecional, Not customer oriented, Poor quality.

Comments

I don't know who you spoke to, but FEMA does require a mandatory escrow account. I work in the flood insurance industry and it IS a requirement. You were misinformed.

Cenlar Reviews