Orem, Utah

Update by user Apr 30, 2012

Well our Refi just closed with a local Credit Union. We are almost done with CENLAR.

We are just waiting for our Escrow Funds to be returned to us. And again before we closed I made an online payment printed ever screen requested it come from checking and again they took it from savings.

And I work for my bank, and they keep messing this up. So I am grateful to be away from CENLAR for good.

Update by user Apr 30, 2012

Original review posted by user Feb 28, 2012

When TBW was shut down a few years ago we were shuttled to CENLAR. We have always had issues with them handling payments.

But recently it has gotten really bad. Now we put our information online on the 25th of the month, and print every screen. We tell them to take the money out of our checking but they always go to our savings account without fail. Because they are messing with our bank accounts I have filed an FTC Complaint.

I am demanding Cenlar refund me all the bank fees I have had to pay. Hope they do but I doubt it. Cenlar has cost me over $60.00 in bank charges in the last three months. We cannot refinance because they do not participate in HAMP/HARP and due to all the foreclosures in our neighborhood we are $50K Underwater in our house.

Our credit report is perfect but I fear from what I have heard from others they are intentionally messing with our payments to hurt our 890 credit scores. Has anyone else had these issues with CENLAR?

Product or Service Mentioned: Cenlar Mortgage.

Comments

Longview, Texas, United States #743490

i have fixed rate on mortgage with CENLAR. after a few years i dropped hazard insurance becausing of rising price.

company set me up with another hazard insurance more expensive than other. CENLAR said i owe for back insurance of 4,919.04. my fixed rate payment is 302.19 + hazard 223.59 equals 525.78 monthly. and that is if i pay the 4,919.04.

and if i don't. payments will be 935.70 a month. i would like to add state farm insurance instead. it is cretible company and cheaper rate because i also have auto insurance.

i am 66 yrs. old.and get the feeling that they would like to kick granny to the curb. and do away with fixed rate. and charge more for this house.

that isn,t worth it. but it is all i have. any ideas?

anybody! miss wanda

Then just use online bill pay thru your bank or send a check with the monthly payment slip. Quit being *** and paying them however you are knowing that they get it wrong everytime.

I've had my fair share of problems with Cenlar. I only wish it was as simple as stopping online payments and setting up automatic bill pay.

I don't understand how Cenlar could take the payment from the wrong account. You would have had to give them the wrong account information. Your mortgage servicing company does not even know which banks you do business with, muchless your account number, unless you typed it into their system requesting a payment to be withdrawn.

Thanks so much everyone, well good news. HAMP2 has been working.

We are refinancing with our local credit union at a lower rate. Best part is we will never go back to CENLAR again.

I wrote them a qualified written dispute, with copies of the bank fees, and sent it certified mail. I got a response from CENLAR before I got the signature card back from the post office.

They claim that WE are the problem with the submitting the payment on their computer system. But they did agree to refund us the $60.00 as a one time favor to us. Needless to say when we make our payment this month, if we need to I will print every screen of the process again.

If they mess up again another violation and another complaint. I will do what you said too deafguy.

Thanks cenlarisascam followed your advice filed my complaint this morning it is one of many you can also go to www.consumerfinance.gov they are handling complaints about the mortgage peeps also

hang in there maybe someone will hear us we all cant be making this up we need to stop these folks my husband is disabled i hope someone out there reads this and helps all of

the TBW customers dumped on

We are glad that we moved our payment over to the wrong account because they hit the account again this morning and took the money that we gave them. BUT FROM THE WRONG ACCOUNT.

IDIOTS OVER THERE! COMPLETE IDIOTS