Van Nuys, California

We had two loans with Liberty Savings who sold them to Cenlar. Cenlar has been impounding double the cost of insurance on the loans.

A lower level customer service person said nothing could be changed for 18 months. A lie. When we called her on it she admitted she was just told to say that. We asked for a supervisor.

The supervisor seemed friendly and efficient. She acknowledged the problems and assured us a refund check would be on it's way in two business days and new monthly statements reflecting the lower monthly would be mailed out. After a week of receiving nothing, I called them. A lower level Customer service person left me on hold, then came back to say he had unsuccessfully attempted to reach the supervisor that I had spoken to, and that I could wait on hold or she would call me back.

I knew he had a file on everything that had transpired on this case so I asked him what steps had taken place after the call in which the supervisor promised the check was in the mail.

He nervously revealed the back office had countermanded what the supervisor promised; no one from Cenlar bothered to call, and as of now I have not heard from the supervisor who made the assurances. Cenlar STINKS!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cenlar Mortgage.

Comments