Richmond, Virginia

I hope they read this: Made my first mortgage payment, so I thought. Paid online.

Received my confirmation. Happy camper. Made my first official payment as a homeowner. 1 week letter I get another statement in the mail.

Mind you I just received the next months statement 3 days back. Thinking it was a duplicate statement,I sat ti to the side. Next day I opened up the envelope and BOOM!!! I was hit with an NSF fee and a late fee.

3x's the amount of mortgage is sitting in my account. Called them up and bitched. The young lady was nice and professional on the other end. She waived the NSF fee and late fee.

I stopped her there, there's not "waive" her: *** THE FEES. That was a Saturday. Payment will be processed the next business day, Monday. Monday, money still sitting there.

Tuesday the money is still sitting there. I literally had to call CENLAR and scream at some poor flunky to PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!!!! I dismissed the reviews that CENLAR sucks..Welp, CENLAR SUCKS. My loan is backed by the VA so I'm going to actively search for a another company to service my loan.

Nobody will turn down a VA backed loan. Nobody. And I made sure CENLAR knew that.

They lost a customer in just 3.5 seconds. Sad.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cenlar Mortgage.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments