Tempe, Arizona
1.1K views

Our loan was sold to CENLAR in August, and we made our first two payments (August and September) on time via ACH through their site, and payments were withdrawn immediately. Last month, I received a notice around the 20th, that our payments were returned NSF, and we are two months behind!

We provided bank statements showing ample funds and that the funds cleared, and a letter from our Chase Branch Manager stating that CENLAR debited the funds from our account via ACH, and that the payments were not NSF or returned!

They've stated that this is not sufficient documentation!! I've filed a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller, but would also like to get an attorney involved!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cenlar Mortgage.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Credit my payments to my account!.

Comments

Nowhere yet, still fighting! I did file a complaint with the OCC (Office of the Comptroller of Currency), as that is who regulates them.

They have opened an investigation. I am awaiting the outcome of that investigation, prior to filing suit.

Have you gotten anywhere with Cenlar? I am getting tired of the run around.

Curious to know if you got a resolution or found a department within to get things squared away...or did you file a lawsuit?

Thanks!

The same thing happened to us. During the same period when our loan was traded to Cenlar like baseball cards...NSF.

We had funds in the bank and the same run around. It looks to be this Cenlar is a scapegoat firm being used to play they role as the "bad company" when the next housing or stock market hits floor globally. These companines make money on the actual transaction and the front loaded interest that is amortized in the first ten years of the loan...

it is easier to rent now and cost less. I know you are upset and the job takes a huge role to do right.

The job of legal hire and with later public knowledge support.

Our loan was purchased by three companies in three months before landing on Cenlar's plate...if you plan to go for it I hope I hear about it one day.

Cenlar Reviews