Washington, District Of Columbia

I got kind of a strange letter just two or so weeks before the mortgage transfer, re CENLAR and to send the payment to a PO box in Florence, SC?Never sent a mortgage payment to a POB before, seemed a bit sleazy if not down right suspect.

Related: Calling Cenlar a Bank is an insult to Banks

There was a toll free number but not website, much less a payment coupon book. It smacked of fraud to me. I checked on them with my mortgage broker to make sure it was legit. The transfer took place Aug 3, 2015 and I mailed my check July 28, I usually have it withdrawn on the tenth because I depend upon rental income.

I went on vacation Aug 14, a vacation I direly needed for my health, btw, and was plagued by robo calls all week even thought I responded immediately to the first one at the start of the week.

NOW I HAVE NEVER GONE THROUGH ALL THE PROMPTS, PUNCHING IN ALL MY DATA, WAIT ON HOLD FOREVER, BLAH BLAH BLAH AND THEN GET A HUMAN WHO SAYS SOMEONE WILL HAVEE TO CALL ME BACK WITHIN 48 HOURS BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BUSY!!! WELL, GUESS WHAT, NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK AND TWO DAYS LATER (I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS ISSUE WAS IN REFERENCE TO AT THIS POINT) I CALL AGAIN AND HAD TO PUSH PUSH PUSH JUST TO FIND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS!!!!! I COULD SEE ON MY BANK APP THAT THE CHECK WAS DEPOSITED BY THEM ON AUG 4-TOLD TO SEND THEM FRONT AND BACK COPIES BY FAX ON MONDAY, DID SO, NEVER HEARD ANYTHING.

CALLED AGAIN A WEEK LATER (LAST MONDAY) THEY DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A FAX OR A CANCELLED CHECK OR ANYTHING AND HAD TO FAX IT ALL AGAIN!!!!

IT HAS TAKEN ME FIVE YEARS TO GET MY CREDIT REPORTS AND RATING IN THE EXCELLENT CATEGORY AND I WILL BE DAMNED IF I WILL LET THEM JEOPARDIZE THAT, SO ON TUESDAY I AM CALLING MY LAWYER.(STILL NO COUPON PAYMENT BOOK A MONTH AFTER THE FIRST PAYMENT) WISH ME LUCK!!!

Review about: Cenlar Mortgage.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Cenlar Mortgage
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cenlar?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.